It’s very important to always take some precautions online as you would in the physical world.
As you will in one way or the other meet people one-on-one, always remember to:
- Insist on meeting in a public place like a coffee shop, eateries, bar etc.
- Tell a friend or family member where you’re going or take them along with you.
- If you own a cell phone, take it with you,
- Trust your instincts. If something doesn’t seem quite right, something is probably amiss/wrong.
- As a buyer insist on seeing what you want to pay for before paying.
- Please check company’s background very well and look through its website before dealing with them.
- As a seller never enter any quiet or secret place to sell your items/goods, insist both of you meets in an open place.
- A farmer who wants to sell farmland should take the seller to where the property is before payment can be made.
- As a case of transportation the seller or the buyer must make adequate arrangement with the owner of the shuttle before leaving.
- Breeding of animals; be sure you contact each other and adequate agreement should be reached before mating.
- Request for original receipt of any property paid for.
- Never pay before buying.
- Seller must deliver items before receiving any payment.
- Never disclose any of your financial information e.g. bank details.